Free School Meals
Since September 2014 all infant school children (KS1) receive a free school meal.
In addition to this, if you receive any of the following benefits, we may be able to claim additional funding of over £1,000 Pupil Premium to directly support your child to make the best possible progress. The funding can also contribute towards the cost of school visits and after school clubs for your child.
KS2 children may also receive free school meals if you meet the following criteria:
Benefits that qualify include:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and you don't get more than £16,190 a year)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (with annual earned income of no more than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits you get).
If you think you are or may be eligible for any of the above benefits in the coming year please register your child by following the link
Free school meals | Hertfordshire County Council or using the address,
- Follow the green link according to year group.
- Complete your child’s name and school. Please have your National Insurance number or Home Office number to hand.
- Submit application.
- High Ongar Primary School will be notified if your child is eligible.
Alternatively, if your child is in reception, year 1 or year 2 please complete the letter of authority, hand it into the school office and we will check it for you.